About the team
Second City Works is the professional services side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. Working with leading international clients across various industries, including tech, CPG, financial services and healthcare, over 4 million employees view our video content globally, and we maintain a Net Promoter Score of 82. We are adding to our business development team to expand our impact and match market demand for our solutions.
About the role
Business Development Directors for Second City Works enable companies to better engage customers and employees by connecting the expertise and talent of The Second City to the expertise and talent of each business. Those who match well to this role excel at uncovering opportunities, articulating conceptual ideas, recognizing patterns, and collaborating internally as well as they do with clients. Like The Second City itself, our success with Second City Works is built on exploration, collaboration and saying “Yes, And” to opportunity. The opportunity for our Business Development Directors is to make businesses most important people initiatives stick by leveraging the singular principles, techniques and talent of The Second City.
- Identify, consult with and close Fortune 1000 clients, discovering opportunities where Second City Works could be a strategic long-term partner
- Educate prospects on SCW: who we are, our capabilities, and how we are uniquely equipped to improve engagement and connection with any business’s employees or customers
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle across a variety of sales scenarios (new prospects, re-activations, growth within existing accounts)
- Partner with Client Services and Creative Talent to customize client programs and solutions, ensuring that we deliver on our promises
- 7+ years of consistent sales success, with majority of annual quota ($1M+) coming from new business
- Experience selling products or services to Fortune 1000 leaders, navigating multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Successful experience selling within the talent/HR/learning category as a trusted advisor to senior human capital/talent management leaders
- Proven reliability to self-manage schedule, targets and timelines
- Communication skills that make other people envious; collaboration skills that make teammates thankful
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and/or likeability. Preferably all 3.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.