About the team
Second City Works is the business solutions side of The Second City, the world’s leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation. We serve more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and co-created video, consumer insight programs, and custom live entertainment. When businesses engage Second City Works they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. With a nationwide mix of clients across various industries, more than 4 million of their employees viewing our video content globally, and a Net Promoter Score of 82, we are adding to our sales team to expand our impact.
About the role
Business Development Directors for Second City Works enable companies to better engage customers and employees by connecting the expertise and talent of The Second City to the expertise and talent of each business. Those who match well to this role excel at discovering opportunities, articulating abstract ideas, recognizing patterns, and collaborating internally as well as they do with clients. Like The Second City itself, our success with Second City Works is built on exploration, collaboration and saying “yes, and” to our partners. The opportunity for our Business Development Directors is to make companies more productive by leveraging the differentiating tenets, techniques and talent of The Second City.
- Identify, consult with and close Fortune 1000 clients, discovering opportunities where Second City Works could be a strategic long-term partner
- Educate prospects on SCW: who we are, our capabilities, and how we are uniquely equipped to improve engagement and connection with any business’s employees or customers
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle across a variety of sales scenarios (new prospects, re-activations, growth within existing accounts)
- Partner with Client Services and Creative Talent to customize client programs and solutions, ensuring that we deliver on our promises
- 7+ years of consistent sales success, with majority of annual quota ($1M+) coming from new business
- Experience selling products or services to Fortune 1000 leaders, navigating multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Successful experience selling repeat or subscription-based solutions with expansion opportunities
- Preference given to those coming from sales roles in: Human Capital / Talent Management, Ethics & Compliance or Risk, Consumer Insights and Consumer Marketing + Events
- Evidence of closing key accounts where others have missed, via alternative approaches or solutions
- Proven reliability to self-manage schedule, targets and timelines
- Communication skills that make other people envious; collaboration skills that make teammates thankful
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and/or likeability. Preferably all 3.
Email email@example.com with the job in the subject line and resume attached.