About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
The AGM for our Audience Services operations is responsible for overseeing nightly operations of all FOH including, but not limited to: staff scheduling, VIP/group management, executing refunds, customer negotiations and creating/implementing policy for FOH procedures (with a goal of gaining efficiencies). The AGM will also act as a liaison with other spaces in the building: 1959 bar & restaurant, UP comedy club, internal event spaces and our restaurant partner- The 50/50 group.
The AGM is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all FOH spaces to ensure a high quality customer experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the GM. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match, PTO, cell phone allowance, parking and free shows!
Direct Reports: Audience Services Managers and nightly FOH staff (seating supervisors, hosts, greeters and box office team)
- Oversee all discipline for FOH staff
- Will keep Communication withService Managers & Special Events Team in regards to special circumstances and needs (pre-shift, nightly operations and customer service)
- Oversee nightly closing procedures (proper collection of cash and nightly receipts from box office staff, safe and documents locked and secured, verifying punch in/outs, handling nightly disciplinary issues, etc.)
- Work with Security team as needed
- Maintain and operate all technology and systems
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in Customer Service and provide staff training for
- Conflict resolution
- Keep in ordinance with all Emergency Egress requirements and fire safety
- Able to work nights and weekends
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.