The Joyce Sloane Scholarship is awarded to one intern per year who is chosen by the Executives of The Second City. The recipient will receive a $2,000 stipend to be used to cover living expenses (food, lodging) during the summer internship session at The Second City in Chicago. Joyce Sloane was associated with The Second City for all but one of our first 50 years. She served as Associate Producer, Executive Producer and Producer Emeritus. Along with founder Bernard Sahlins, she produced Second City shows in Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, and abroad. In addition, Ms. Sloane founded The Second City Touring Companies and The Second City e.t.c. and co-founded The Second City in Toronto. In addition to her work at Second City, she produced two seasons of Summer Stock in Toronto and Winnipeg, several summer tours and was Associate Producer of the 1971 Tony award-winning Broadway play “Borstal Boy.” She won countless awards for her work in theater. Ms. Sloane passed away in February of 2011.
The Second City is always on the look-out for energetic, highly-motivated interns. This listing is for Administrative Internships with our Producing Team.
We’re looking for interns who:
• Have a genuine interest in arts administration and/or producing
• Have been involved in a production in any capacity: production design, production management,
stage management, directing, musical direction, playwriting, performing, etc.
• Have the ability to work within a team-based work structure
• Possess initiative, conscientiousness and strong self-management skills
• Have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Can cheerfully deal with a fast paced workplace, constant changes in direction and juggling many
tasks at once
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel especially) is a must, and experience with
Google suite is a plus
Please click here to download the application
send the application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline March 21