Our summer comedy camps attract students from all over the world to learn improv, make friends, and perform on our stage! No previous experience is needed. Camps end with a show where the students show off what they’ve learned!
Mini Camps for ages 6-7
Monday through Friday 9am – 12:45pm. Each day students will rotate through two subjects:
- Improv: An intro to the rules of Improv: saying yes, working together, listening, and having fun.
- Musical Improv: Learn to put words to music on the spot.
Camp ends with a free show in our Studio Theater where campers show off what they’ve learned!
Comedy Camps for ages 8-18
Campers are grouped by ages 8-10, 11-13, and 14-18. Camps meet Monday through Friday, 9am-3:30pm. Each day students rotate through three subjects:
- Improv: An intro to the rules of Improv—saying yes, working together, listening, and having fun.
- Sketch Comedy: An intro to the basics of writing sketch comedy scenes.
- Musical Improv: Learn to spontaneously put words to music.
Camps end with a show where the students show off what they’ve learned!
Two-Week Comedy Camps for ages 12-18
This two week camp is for anyone who wants to learn a little bit more and produce a showcase. This is perfect for returning campers who want to experience different subjects and get better at old ones. New campers are also welcomed to join and dive right into comedy! Throughout the two weeks campers will rotate through five subjects:
- Improv & Musical Improv: Explore the fundamentals of improv as taught and performed at The Second City. Develop skills like creative thinking, self-confidence, listening, brainstorming, team building, empathy, and communication, while having loads of fun and laughs. Also, learn to spontaneously put words to music.
- Sketch Comedy: Learn the basics of sketch comedy scenes, the building blocks of any Second City show. Study classic Second City scenes, use improv to develop scenes, and create original sketches.
- Stand-Up: Come develop your personal style as a stand-up comedian or storyteller as we focus on developing material, stage presence, and delivery. Our oldest campers may present their material in an optional open mic on the final Friday of two-week camps.
- Clowning & Physical Comedy: Clowning is 50% physicality, 50% silliness, and 100% fun. Yes, that doesn’t make sense, but when it comes to clowning and comedy, it doesn’t need to! Kids will have the freedom of movement and self-expression in this class, while also learning about slapstick comedy and how to theatrically control their gestures.
Hollywood – Hollywood camps are held at The Second City Hollywood, 6560 Hollywood Boulevard.