In Humorous Memoir 2 narrators explore writing techniques of storytelling. In no particular order, these include:
- framing devices
- the uses of *space on the page*
- telling multiple stories at the same time
- discovering the primary relationship of your story
- managing *dark* material
- maintaining authority, like-ability, and related-ness
- switching tenses
Writers in Memoir 2 continue to improve through table feedback, reading-as- writers, and writing from their heart and third eye. Writers listening to each other read aloud and responding to each another, gain increased abilities to listen to themselves. This listening grows from hearing your own voice, to making meaning.
This class is capped at 10 students and is delivered in two ways:
- 12 Video Lessons that provide knowledge of authors, techniques and process pointers.
- 1 Live-Streaming Session per week, to specific participants of greater page length, that provides in-depth, group/instructor feedback (two writers minimum—depending on the numbers) which give ample individual discussion of their pages. All other students receive written feedback.