Little Book Legacies/Big Life Moments is for anybody interested in devising stories with photos, drawings, and documents. Laying out memories brings them alive as stories. We will create a Smallbatch Book of BIG Life Moments. Are you a person who:
- Wants to write inter-generational, Legacy stories—mother, grandmother, great uncles—and incorporate letters, recipes and documents?
- Enjoys Mementoes of Marriages, Births, or Reunions?
- Wants to share Travel Tales with friends and family?
- Honors Milestones: Commemorates Anniversaries, Exhibits/Performances, or Retirement?
- Needs to create a Tribute for a deceased friend, spouse, or parent?
This 6-week class incorporates published authors’ techniques to achieve the abovementioned. The class supports each narrator to stick with their personal perspectives, feelings, and memories. You have a right to write! Sure, facts come in handy but not at the expense of your personal truth which will remain in tact.
It is strongly recommended that you enroll in this class with documents and photos at the ready. Maybe you’ve already written fragments on the back of an envelope and shoved it in a drawer? Let’s find this stuff and hit the ground running!
We live in a time when publishing small numbers of books is possible for everybody. And like craft beer, many small presses offer templates and a range of sizing and binding, at reasonable pricing. An additional, production workshop will be offered as a one-off TBD. Fees and services are in negotiation to get the best quality, ease and flexibility for little books at a reasonable price.
The Writing the Humorous Memoir Program was created by Nancy Beckett, the host of Personal Disclosures, a podcast which was begun by a group of Writing the Humorous Memoir students and is now sponsored by the Second City Training Center. Watch Nancy open up with a special introduction video for Memoir students.