Improv for Anxiety for Teens is an innovative class that helps teens overcome the fear and avoidance associated with social anxiety. Second city instructors create a space where teens can break the cycle of avoidance in a supportive, non-judgmental, and affirming environment. No prior improv experience necessary.
An experienced Second City instructor will lead the class, accompanied by one of our trained camp counselors. The class is led at a pace that is sensitive to the needs of the students.
A pre-registration consultation is recommended prior to enrollment. Contact Becca Barish, LCSW at 312-880-9406 or email email@example.com.
Is the Improv for Anxiety Class right for me?
- Does being nervous or uncomfortable around other people keep you from doing things you want to do?
- Does your fear of public speaking or talking to teachers get in the way at school?
- Is being embarrassed or looking stupid one of your worst fears?
- Do you limit how involved you become with people because you are afraid of letting them get to know you? Do you worry that if people really knew you, they wouldn’t like you?
- Do you find yourself turning down invitations to social events because you know you would feel uncomfortable if you went?
- Does being the center of attention make you feel very uncomfortable and self-conscious?
- Do you worry about blushing or looking nervous in front of other people?
- Do you have trouble stating your opinion or asking for something you deserve because you worry about what others will think of you?
- Do you constantly worry people will make fun of you?
Improv for Anxiety for adult students is also available.