Career Posting: Director of Business Development Branded Content and DigitalSep 12, 2012
Over the past 53 years, The Second City has become the world’s foremost improv comedy theatre, consistently developing critically acclaimed comedy revues, building an improv training school with over 15,000 students and launching the careers of countless stars, including Alan Arkin, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert (to name a few). The company has also built a vibrant and fast growing corporate services division, Second City Communications, that works with over 400 clients a year, developing live entertainment, improv training programs and comedic social media marketing and branded content programs.
Second City Communications is looking for a skilled, experienced and highly motivated sales person to help us develop our rapidly expanding branded content business in 2013. The Director of Business Development for Branded Content and Digital will be a key new position in helping us accelerate growth in this space. Because of our brand, creative talent, on camera talent, in-house production capability and client access, we have grown this business nicely without dedicated sales staff, but the time is right to take the business to the next level.
The successful candidate will:
- Leverage deep, existing network of agency and brand marketer contacts to give us a fast lift
- Have experience in selling projects direct to client and agencies as well as creating partner deals into media
- Know how to build more comprehensive recommendations that link our content to broader client communications goals
- Be comfortable with all aspects of sales cycle (including prospecting)
- Be a stylistic fit for SC brand and be comfortable selling around our value prop
- Develop a specific sales/prospecting plan to achieve assigned sales targets/quotas
- Tenacious and motivated to build this business
- Connector mindset—sees how to package deals for win-win
- High energy and willingness to be on road to sell
- Good proactive communicator
- Financial and business acumen—must know economics of our productions to make profitable sales
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified and interested applicants should send their resume and a brief letter outlining their suitability to the email above.