About The Second City
As the world’s premier improvisational and sketch comedy theatre, The Second City has been delighting audiences and producing award-winning entertainment for more than 50 years. The Second City Training Centre is the largest school of improvisation and sketch comedy in the world. The list of alumni that have emerged from our stages and training centres is a staggering who’s-who of North America’s entertainment legends. Today, Second City’s Toronto theatre is buzzing with more than 400 performances and 100,000 patrons each year. The Second City’s Toronto Training Centre offers classes 7 days a week over 6 terms a year and has over 7,000 students a year.
About this Position
The Sales Associate’s position will focus mainly on The Second City’s Training Centre & School Programs however also support the Mainstage Theatre’s Group Sales department. This is a full time permanent position reporting to the Director of Sales. The Second City is seeking a hardworking, motivated and skilled individual with a passion for Sales. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible individual who is highly detail oriented and sales-driven. This individual will be looking to work in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment with excellent potential for growth. The position requires the candidate to be flexible in terms of working hours as business demands often change at last minute. This role is generally business hours (9am-5pm Monday through Friday) however some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required.
The administrative offices consist of a very small team of goal-oriented and deadline-driven individuals with a work until the job is done approach. The selected individual will be expected to recognize, initiate and coordinate the development of action plans that will penetrate new markets as well as maintain productive long term relationships with inbound and existing school program business.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in education or attraction related Sales is required with no exceptions
- Proven strength in Sales, Communication & Customer Service is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced word and excel computer skills
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with ticketing and CRM systems are considered an asset
- Core Responsibilities
- Work as a team with the Director of Sales and Sales & Events Manager to ensure quick and efficient responses are offered to all in-coming inquiries, prepare proposals, conduct timely follow-ups and close sales
- Prospect potential new clients, conduct cold calls, attend networking events, conferences and tradeshows consistently building new relationships.
- Maintain marketing materials and assist to create an effective marketing schedule focused on various sales segments.
- Maintain CRM databases to solidify relationships with current client base and maximize repeat business
- Coordinate event details with client and prepare event function sheets to communicate with all other departments required for smooth execution of function
- First point of contact for clients upon arrival and ensure the highest customer service is maintained throughout event
- Prepare contracts and invoices, track deposits and final payments
Compensations and Benefits
- Salary and bonus structure based on experience, starting $45k+
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick days
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include those associated with data entry.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Sublect Line: Sales Associate – Toronto Training Centre & Mainstage Theatre
Candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted directly. No Phone calls please.