INTENSIVE • INTENSIVES • INTENSIVES
IMPROV 1 WEEKEND:
Fri/Sat/Sun • 11am-7pm • $341
- July 18-20
- Aug 22-24
Mon-Fri • 11am-4:30pm • $341
- June 23-27
IMPROV 2 WEEKEND:
Fri/Sat/Sun • 11am-7pm • $341
- Aug 22-24
Mon-Fri • 11am-4:30pm • $456
- Aug 18-22
Be a kid again in our Adult Improv Camp that attracts students from all over the country & abroad. Learn new skills, meet new friends & enjoy Los Angeles in the summer, all while having loads of fun & laughs. No experience needed!
Each day campers will rotate through:
- Improvisation: Explore the fundamentals of improv while developing skills like creative thinking, self-confidence, listening, brainstorming, team building, empathy & communication.
- Sketch Comedy: Learn the basics of sketch comedy scenes, the building block of any Second City show. You’ll study classic Second City scenes, use improv to develop scenes & write original sketches.
- Movement: An introduction to movement games & techniques teaches students to how movement can take your performance to the next level and inform your audience of character without saying a word.
Taught by Jamie Moyer
Go Big or Go The F*ck Home is an intensive course, constructed specifically to make any improviser improve their abilities to make bold and confident choices in scene and character work. Jaime will help you learn to attack the scene, while still offering up your best support for your scene partners. Stop looking at your work from the outside while you're still inside of it! Instead be in the moment, be bold, and go big or....you know the rest. A must-take for the improviser who feels stalled, shy, or simply behind the eight ball in scenes. Prerequisite: Improv 2 or higher at Second City, or an equivalent level of training at another improv institution.
Tue • 4-7pm • July 29-Sept 16 • $370/$340 early registered
David Razowsky, Second City alumnus and half of the improv duo Razowsky & Clifford, will lead current or new partners through finding and honing their collective voice. This 7-week class will culminate with a performance on our Studio Stage.
*Prerequisites: Second City Conservatory 1 or higher (or equivalent at another training center). Not sure? Call us at 323.464.8542
THE SNL MODEL:
Taught by Ron West
Tue-Sun • Aug 19-24 • $425
How many times have you watched SNL and thought "I could do that!"? This class will mimic the creation process of a weekly topical sketch show. Students will write, refine and ultimately perform material in a structure based on the SNL Model: one week from origination to performance. You could do that? Stop saying it and start doing it! *Writing/outside work will be required.
Class meets as follows:
Tues, Aug 19: Pitch Meeting 6:30-10:30pm
Thurs, Aug 21: Read through and notes 6:30-10:30pm
Sat, Aug 23: Rehearsal 2:00-8:00pm
Sun, Aug 24: Tech 9-10:30am
WRITING STRONG WOMEN:
Taught by Rebekah Walendzak
Mon-Fri • 11am-4:30pm • Aug 11-15 • $341
It's a common issue in Hollywood that female characters are under-written. Let your women stand out!! Create memorable female characters that DRIVE the scene. Writers (women AND men) will create sketches, monologues and character pieces through writing exercises, improvisation and a variety of writing assignments.
$270/$240 early registration • Sat 10am-noon • 7 weeks
These courses help to build a foundation in improv thru fun exercises and games. No previous experience required but many of our students are in "the biz" so if they have acting training you’ll fit right in too. Our staff of instructors is made up of highly qualified working actors who have Second City experience.
Classes are broken into three age groups: 8-10, 11-13 and 14-18
July 5-Aug 16
Aug 30- Oct 7
YOUTH IMPROV CAMP
Work out your creative energies, make new friends and learning new skills, all while having loads of fun and laughs. Our summer program attracts students from all over the country and abroad. No previous experience is needed and the end of the camp, invite everyone to a free show and show off your new skills! 15% family discount on each additional child after the first registration.
Each day, the students rotate through three subjects:
- Improvisation: Explore the fundamentals of improv and develop skills like creative thinking, self-confidence, listening, brainstorming, team building, empathy & communication while having loads of fun & laughs
- Sketch Comedy: You'll study classic Second City scenes, use improvisation to develop scenes, and write original sketches.
- Musical Improvisation: Through musical games and techniques, you’ll learn vocal performance skills, production & projection for the actor/improviser; the basics of comedic songwriting; and the fundamental concepts of musical improvisation.
Mon- Fri 10:30am-4:30pm • Ages 8-18 • 1-week $300 • 2-weeks $600
Camp #2 - June 23-July 3 (2-weeks)
Camp #3 - July 7-11 (1-week)
Camp #4 - July 14-25 (2-weeks)
Camp #5 - July 28-August 1 (1-week)
Camp #6 - August 4-15 (2-weeks)
Early drop off available!