- The Second City is committed to delivering an exceptional entertainment experience to every patron.
- In fulfilling this commitment, The Second city strives at all times to provide its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of all people including those with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar fashion as other guests.
- The Second City is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas;
- We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- We will train staff who communicate with guests on to interact and communicate with various types of disabilities.
- We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly when necessary.
- We will offer to communicate with customers via email if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs.
- We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and/or services.
- We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason invoices and tickets will be provided in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print and email. We will answer any questions regarding the content of the invoice, ticketing or show content in person, by phone or via email.
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will ensure that all staff dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by A support system. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter The Second City with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on the premises.
- The Second City will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services. The notice will be placed at all public entrances
- The Second City will provide training to all employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf, and all those who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices, and procedures. These employees include but are not limited to Front of the House staff, Box Office staff, Management, Sales and Reception. Training will be provided within three months of the commencement of duties.
Training will include the following:
- a. The purposes of the Accessibility Act and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- b. How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- c. How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support perseon.
- d. What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing The Second City’s goods and/or services.
- e. The Second City’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
Staff will be trained on an ongoing basis related to changes in these policies, practices and procedures.
- The ultimate goal of The Second City is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving all guests including those with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated.
Feedback regarding the way The Second City provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made via email or in person. All feedback will be directed to the Operations Manager. Customers can expect to hear back within three days.
- We are committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities. Any policy of The Second city’s that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
- This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers with disabilities. If anyone has a question about the policy or if the purpose of a policy is not understood, an explanation will be provided by the Operations Manager.
The Second City