Thoughts on Whales After Viewing the New CNN Documentary Blackfish: By Chris Witaske
Editor’s Note: SPOILERS ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THIS POST.
Thoughts on Whales After Viewing the New CNN Documentary Blackfish
Written By: Chris Witaske
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Leave the fucking whales in the ocean.
Chris Witaske was born and raised in St. Charles, IL, outside of Chicago. He started taking improv classes at The Second City when he was 13 years old. He graduated with a B.A. in Theatre from The University of Iowa where he founded and performed in improv / sketch groups around Iowa City. After college, Chris moved to Chicago to pursue his dream of working at the world famous Second City theatre.
- The Second City Chicago (Teen classes and levels 1-4 of the Second City Conservatory)
- iO Chicago
- The Annoyance Theatre
- Assistant to Director Mick Napier for The Second City 50th Anniversary show, “The Taming of the Flu”
Sketch / Improv / Solo:
- The Second City Touring Company: Toured all over America and took a trip to Europe
- Second City at Sea: Performed aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines
- iO Chicago: Many different improv groups / original shows / hosting
- The Annoyance Theatre: Several original revues, musicals, sketch, improv, including “Swear Jar,” a sketch comedy revue directed by Mick Napier
- The Vic Theatre, Chicago: Guest actor in “An evening with Bob and David and Posehn”
- 2011 Just For Laughs Montreal Comedy Festival: New Faces of Comedy, Characters
- Just For Laughs Chicago: Alone, Chicago’s Best Solo Acts (2 years), The Playground Theatre
- Baby Wants Candy: Improvised Musical – Ensemble Member, Touring Company
- San Francisco Sketchfest: Gentlemen’s Club w/ Bob Odenkirk
- Sad On Vacation: Online digital shorts / Sketch Comedy (www.sadonvacation.com)
- UCB L.A./Comedy Central Stage L.A.: Two-Man Sketch Comedy w/ Jon Barinholtz
- UP Comedy Club, Chicago: Witaske and Hartman, A Two-Man One Man Show
Second City e.t.c Revues:
- A Clown Car Named Desire (4 stars, Chicago Tribune)
- We’re All in This Room Together (Jeff Award, Best Revue )
Chris would like to thank all of his amazing friends and family for their love and support while writing this piece. Chris does not have a website.