This is our first chance to learn about you, so please be as creative as you want in your video. No longer than five minutes please.
- What excites you about applying to this program?
- Why are you a good addition to the Harold Ramis Film School?
- How does the completion of this program fit into your long term goals?
One sample of your work. This can be a short story, poetry, short film, screenplay, interpretive dance, puppet show, performance art, you name it—anything that shows an expression of your artistic ability.
- If submitting a video sample, no longer than five minutes in length.
- If submitting a story or screenplay, please limit to a 5-page selection.
The goal of this program is to hone your artistic and comedic sensibilities. If accepted into the program, we want to know what your influences are.
Please select two to answer:
- Tell us about someone funny who had an impact on you—could be someone famous or a friend or family member.
- Tell us how you view the future of comedy in our culture, and how you see your place as a comedy storyteller.
- Choose a specific film and write a persuasive essay describing its impact on you and its place in our culture.
Essay should be no longer than five pages.
Now is your chance for someone to say something illuminating about you! Two letters must be from former teachers, faculty members, mentors or employers.
The non-refundable application fee is $40 US dollars.
May 15, 2017 for Fall 2017 term
Rolling admissions review
On or before July 15 for Fall 2017 term
August 28, 2017 for Fall term
Unlike traditional colleges, our film school starts new students approximately every 4 months.
Fees & Tuition
Application Fee: $40.00
Year Long Program Tuition: $17,500.00
Prerequisites:18 years oldHigh School Diploma or GED
Fall 2016 (begins August 2016 – August 2017) Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00am – 4:00pm
Winter 2017 (begins January 9, 2017 – December 2017) Team #1: Tues/Thurs 7:00pm – 10:00pm, Sat/Sun 9:00am – 4:00pm
Team #2: Tues/Thurs/Sun 9:00am – 4:00pm
Spring 2017 (begins May 1, 2017 – May 2018) Team #1: Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00am – 4:00pm
Team #2: Tues/Wed/Thurs 9:00am – 4:00pm
Master Seminar and Film Screenings will occur dependent upon presenters’ availability, and schedule is subject to change.
Tuition & Payment Plans
Tuition for the full year is $17,500 (for cohorts beginning Spring 2017). Tuition is nonrefundable, nontransferable. If you need help with tuition, we do have payment plans and scholarships available.
You can pay the tuition in full or via payment plans. Please make checks out to Second City Training Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation on your personalized payment plan.
Second City work-study positions may be applied to a portion of your tuition. Visit the Training Center’s Work Study page for information on open positions.
The Harold Ramis Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2014. Admitted students are able to apply for full and partial grants for the Film School through this fund.
To apply for the scholarship, please email email@example.com.