Take a virtual tour of this space.
Facility Rental Toronto
For information about facility rental of the Toronto Mainstage, contact Erin Peirce at 416.343.0072. For rental of The John Candy Box Theatre, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.340.7270. For studio rentals at The Training Centre contact Jessica Fallis at 416.340-7270.
The Second City is available for private parties, corporate meetings and special events of all kinds. Our mainstage theatre is available for both daytime and evening rental complete with food & beverage service, customised entertainment and workshops all under one roof.
The Second City’s mainstage theatre comes fully equipped with the following:
- The white wash is divided into five usable areas, perfect for isolating a podium speaker
- House/ Audience lights are also on a dimmer
- Over 50 source four ellipsoidals and fresnels focused on the stage that can be used to create a clear white, blue, or red wash
- XGA (1024x768) Front Projection on permanent integrated screen
- Image approximately 7' wide.
- 3500 ANSI Lumens
- XGA input at stage level or control booth
- Video Input at control booth only
- Full PA system – complete with 8 speakers, amps, and sound board.
- Other audio equipment includes:
- Two wireless handheld mics
- Two corded handheld mics (SM58s)
- Two wireless headset mics
- Two DI boxes
- A 5-disc CD Changer
- Use of the backstage Greenroom, complete with private washroom.
- Easels for function signage
- One Theatre manager to assist in theatre set-up and food & beverage details. All other staffing based on specific requirements and catering demands.
Additional Audio Visual Requirements
Any additional requirements can be acquired from an outside supplier. The client is responsible for arranging such needs with the assistance of The Second City’s Stage Manager.
The above companies are capable of providing full audio/visual and creative service requirements and are familiar with The Second City space. Please ask your Second City representative for more contact information.
All theatre rentals require an in house stage manager to be present for the duration including set-up and strike time. The Stage Manager will assist with all audio visual requirements and theatre set-up.
The Second City theatre is fully licensed and can arrange for full food & beverage service with the assistance of Wayne Gretzky’s Restaurant conveniently attached to the theatre. Menus and pricing can be provided upon request.
The Second City Training Centre
The Second City Training Centre is a great venue for all intimate functions. Each room can accommodate anywhere from 2 to 60 people. We have 6 studios and one boardroom available for rehearsals, break out rooms and meetings. Available for daytime, evenings, and weekend rentals.
All Studios are approximately 450 square feet. Chairs and banquet tables available
Boardroom accommodates 12 comfortably and has a television and DVD player, Wi-Fi
The John Candy Box Theatre
- Approx. 600 sq ft.
- Theatre style seats 60
- Full PA system – complete with 2 speakers, amps, and 6 Channel mixer
- Computer (Internet connected)
- Ceiling Mounted Digital Projector and screen
Other audio equipment includes:
- One corded handheld mic (SM58s)
- A 5-disc CD Changer
- Upright Piano (regularly tuned)
- Technical Support Available for an Additional Fee
Contact: Jessica Fallis email@example.com 416.340.7270